Friday, April 16, 2010

Future Learning Goals: Productivity & Professional Practice

I use my art website www.mrsmooresartroom.blogspot.com to communicate with parents, students and the larger community. I have found that people I do not even know, but whom recognize myself, come up and complement me on my website and on my student's artwork simply via my school website. It seems everyone is online, bored and roaming and what better way to advertise your program? I think it may even have actually saved my program a year ago...The superintendent once even came directly to my room to tell me how much he admired my website. But more importantly (really, truly) is that students gain self-confidence when their work is displayed. On the other hand, I use art websites to find lesson plans and innovative art projects online as well as utilizing art education blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment